Home About me Hobby's Kites Photo equipment Media History Creating Reels Agenda Weather Links Annual report
KAP Kite Aerial Photography Cees Kuppens Netherlands Ontwerp en constructie van de apparatuur

The version (7) is more compact, lighter and has more features than its predecessor

Below are some pictures of the work in the development and production of electronic circuits and mechanical parts. The model chosen is the same as version 6.

The etching machine, this is the copper material etched away between the tracks.

The green board is a 3D computer animation, the blue is actually built electronics board.

Once the camera is mounted, it is very difficult to remove it from the frame. The reason is that the camera is connected to a multi-function plug, it is very fragile. Moreover, this plug is partly about the screw that holds the camera back in the frame. The tricky to disassemble mechanical connection of the button the camera to switch to panoramic photography and back to normal photography makes the party complete. For these reasons I have so all connections needed to load the camera, operate, transfer files, carried out. The camera no longer need out there.

That's why I had to do something to charge the battery while the camera is in the camera, which can not at this Sony device. First I made a fake battery plexiglass and the + and - connection carried out. Camera reported that I had to use the original battery and is then switched off again. It appears that the issue of a data signal to the middle connector on the camera battery from the battery to the camera 'sees' the status of the battery. After having studied the charger, I came up with the following idea, keep the battery in the camera and the + and - wire I run out.

To connect the adapter to the camera, I have to buy a separate multifunction cable, it was € 45, - (thank you Sony) The only thing that remained of this cable on, you will see below. It did a lot of pain to just put the wire cutters in those expensive cable and then hope that everything is going to work. Before this was all back for another I left a lot of sweat.

But then there was no room for a couple of threads in that camera. Then I had the idea to use flat ribbon cable. To something or what to create space, I removed the battery sticker and have the flat ribbon cable stuck at it, the ends of the ribbon cable I stripped off and the + and - connection bent. Then gently slide the battery into the camera and through the cover ribbon cable could be easily carried out.

In the design of the mechanical part, I first asked me a couple of goals.

1- It has to be a compact device.
2- It should be a solid device.
3- It should (like its predecessor) a reliable device.
4- The capabilities of the camera to use as much as possible (can zoom and panoramic photography)
5 - Balanced weight distribution for both axes. (hor. and vert.)
6 -If possible, hide all the wires, this will increase the reliability.

From a planar aluminum plate to the frame in front of the camera.

←              →

And then install the electronics. At the right hand side the cupboard is empty, on picture below, the cupboard is filled.

Soldering all the wires.

With the aid of a line laser the center of gravity is determined for the optimal balancing.

Finally finished, on April 3, 2011 at 17:15. I have had many setbacks in the construction of this device. There were quite big problems during construction and testing. as the camera batteries that do not recharge in the camera, the connector of the camera too close to the fastening screw, servo where smoke came out, a short circuit in a control circuit, plugs that just did not fit in short several times was the crisis in my attic. The advantage though is that I have a lot of again learned.